Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Can I "View 9700" pdf Files 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddb43

Technical User
Jan 16, 2002
US
I have a table & form that is named ETList. In the table and form I have fieldnames ETM#, and FileNames. The FileNames field has the same information as the actual file names on my C:\data\dwg2pdf\ folder. I would like to view the current file that I need by a Command Button or some type of Image Control without typing every path to every file. There is over 9700 pdf files in this directory! I tried the path method but this will take forever. There has to be an easier way......

Have you tried the Application.FollowHyperlink method ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Well I tried with a hyperlink in the data type column and typed the hyperlink to the c:\data\dwg2pdf\ directory in a new "image" field name in the form.But you only got the directory where all the files are but not the single file I was wanting it to get that matches the filename and etm# record I had in my view in the ETList Form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back