Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how can I print Caller ID log on ACS6 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

skip555

Technical User
Apr 26, 2002
US
The customer has a ACS6 and we need to be able to download and print the caller ID log . I assumed it was the SMDR records , went on site hooked my laptop up , opened hypr terminal and it only gave me a couple of days of records but when I went to ext 10 and scrolled through the caller ID log there are 100s of calls including the ones the customer needs a hard copy .

I found this in the manual
"
the system stores up to
45 records in its memory until they can be printed. Additional calls are not recorded"
which is exactly what hyper terminal gave me

so it looks like the system stores SMDR data and Caller ID data separately

This is a one time deal , the customer (my mechanic ) had a guy dispute the visa charges after he repaired the car saying that he had no idea who my customer was and never incurred the charges .

the Caller Id log would at least show a record of the calls

would the PC admin software show up the caller Id log ? I don't have a copy of it but I imagine I have a disc around her somewhere if that will do it

for now I just disabled CID logging so we can keep the data from scrolling away until I see if there is any way to download it

You're not going to be able to print the calls - what you got is what there is. Best bet is to take a photo of phone display... Does the mechanic have a signature on work order/visa slip? Make/model/VIN of auto? Collection agents named Guido & Thor?
Good luck.
Mike

I was afraid of that , I just downloaded the PC program and I don't see anything there

already took the pictures , the deal is since they don't have a imprint of the CC Visa is reversing the funds

as I understand it the car was dropped off and picked up after hours and they took the CC info over the phone and now the charge has been disputed the guy lives out of town

That is not one of the features of the Partner ACS, or any of the earlier systems. Other than taking a picture, you could transcribe the CID entries one by one to a text file, then print that file to hard copy. At least you would have all the CID entries, even if manual, and there is no way the customer would know that.

....JIM....

Use Hyper Terminal and at the top you should select the TRANSFER menu option then under that capture text. that should take care of it...

hyper terminal gives me the SMDR data how would I get to the CID log ?

As I said above, it would be a manual process! The Partner has NO feature to provide it otherwise for CID, unless you want to hack it and modify the firmware.

....JIM....

Jim

I realize that but decluespt's was saying I could somehow by using "capture text " I suspect he was thinking of SMDR data which I was able to get

thanks for your suggestion I did pass that along and the customer is going to manually enter the data using the SMDR header I was able to download

off course the customer called yesterday and said after several hours on the phone he was able to get through to someone at "AVAYA" who told him the info could be downloaded and the instructions where in the Installation and programming manual

now we all know he didn't get actual AVAYA tech support but found some BP somewhere and the guy he talked to either didn't understand the question or was talking out his rear trying to get a new customer

Thanks skip555,

I have had to do similar in other situations like this in the past. I use text editors for all kinds of stuff in building text files for a variety of uses.

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back