Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can i prevent users from saving files on Citrix server

Status
Not open for further replies.

faheem74

Technical User
May 7, 2001
CA
Hi All

I would like to restrict users from saving any thing on Citrix servers."

"I have applied GPO for the redirection of mydocument folder to Home drive on network share, but if user doesnt have home drive he lands into profile folder to save his files on citrix server.

How can i prevent users form saving files on Citrix server.

Any sugestions?

Thanx"

Use MS settings.
Make a group for all the users you have. Let them be able to read but not write on the Citrix server.
right click on the citrix servers harddisk letter in Exploere, and choose properties. There you will see a security tab.

Use policies to hide the drives that you don;t want them to see B-)

Hi,

Every user should have a homedrive configured and you should use roaming profiles. Metaframe would then create a windows\system folders in the user's home drive so user specific .ini files would be saved there rather then in the user's profile. Because, if no homedrive is configured and you don't use roaming profiles the system would then create the windows\system folders in the user's profile, and the profile would be created at the teminal server.

Hope this help :)

Configure the users' Terminal Server home drives in User Manager for Domains (on NT4 based servers) or Computer Management (on W2k servers). You don't need to use roaming profiles for this, but for server farms of 4 or more, it's highly recommended. CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back