Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how can i plug my pc to tv? please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitpit

MIS
Jun 4, 2003
BE
Hello
I have a geforce2 mx400 with a tv-out. I plug the s-video cable into it and directly in the tv with a scart. Nothing appears on tv. I tried tv tool but when i start it i even loose my monitor!
Is there something special to do, what are the steps?
Can someone help me?
Thanks

First things first - start with a fresh set of drivers. The tool that comes with the newer Detonators is quite user-friendly.

<?legalstuff
The above is my opinion only and should not be construed as the opinion of my employer.
?>

Thanks IIIBradIII
I dit that already
What should i do next?
I'm lost in that area

Hi

I have a GeForce 4 Card and the TV Out only work when there is no monitor attached. Might be worth a try just unplugging the monitor and plugging the TV in instead.

Hope this helps

[lightsaber] May The Force Be With You [trooper] [yoda]

You have to put it into 'clone' mode and mess around with the overlay settings..

nVidea do not supply any detailed docs on any of this

make sure your card is set to clone mode and your tv is set to the SVHS channel. Beware that a lot of tv's don't support the SVHS signal and will show nothing or only black and white colors. In that case use the analog (yellow connector) to connect to the tv.

Thanks to all of you guys. It Works fine.
The image of movies is very good.
But windows stuffs are not quite clear, not a good definition, like too pixelized!
If anybody as an issue for that, it's welcome of course.
Thanks again for your help guys and mainly Kocky for the clone stuff.

Hi guys

I noticed Kocky mentioned clone mode. Is this to allow the monitor and the TV to work together? Could you please tell me how to set this as I can only have the TV working when the monitor is physically unplugged from the card. (I have a GeForce 4 with the latest detonator drivers if it makes a difference).

Thanks in advance

TSSTechie

[lightsaber] May The Force Be With You [trooper] [yoda]

To get rid of the pixelated view of windows on the tv you have two choices, if your tv has a rgb option enable it and this will improve the picture. also set the display 2 setting in display properties to 1024*768 as this is the maximum a tv will allow. in advanced display properties there is also a digital vibrance control, play with this until the picture on the tv is to your liking, remember to select display 2 prperties to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back