Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I pass the date params from Access to Excel chart 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pack10

Programmer
Feb 3, 2010
US
I have an automated routine that takes a query from Access and passes it to Excel and formulates a graph. Works fine. The data is based on a date range, how can I get the date params from the Access report form into the header of the Excel chart....

hi,

How is the date range determined?

Is it arbitrary? In other words, can someone say, "Hmmmm? Yesterday I ran this for Feb thru Jun 1942, but today I'm gonna pick Dec 1960 thru Nov 2008, just for grins!"

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Hi
The date range is user selected. They have from to fields to enter.
It is usually month to date, month, last month, this quarter, last quarter... or they can enter two dates for a range.

Why not have the user run the application from Excel, since that's where the final result is?

Skip,
[sub]

Hi

Can you elaborate on the changing the SQL property of the saved query.
I want those from/to dates to appear on the report in excel.

thx

If you can derive the date range from the query resultset, it is a simple matter of a formula in a cell to display that date range in prose, and then a textbox in your chart to reference the cell containg the date range in prose.

Skip,
[sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back