Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I outbound forward a line

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcjdaddy

Instructor
Dec 17, 2003
US
I would like to know if it is possible to outbound transfer a caller.

For example:

When a caller presses option one for an individual that works from home instead of wringing his voicemail I would like to know If I can have it transfer the call automatically to the users home office phone number.

So then how do I do that in the CCR tree?

Is there is something that I need to do in XFER?

yes choose XFER,
then external
then key in the number,

Fine print:
pls make sure lines have disconnect supervision on lines
you'll be using 2 lines per call

I can not beleive it is that easy. I thought the ext. means extension. So I can just enter the telephone number their?

Wow! i will try it and let you know.

int means intercom and ext means external ...

i guess nortel has its ways !!

Make sure that you disable the CCR tree before you make any changes and you will need to go back in and enahle it after you have saved that tree.

Does this user work from home all the time?

If you allow it in programming and the MICS is 4.1, the user can do it on his set when he needs to.

They would just hit Feature 4 and enter the number to call(including the 9). I think you need to setup something in routing so it knows this is ok.

If you have centrex lines (or similiar) then put #,9,XXX-XXXX , this will do a centrex transfer therefore not tie up any of your lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back