Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I merge or copy vendor numbers / accounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheryl03

Technical User
Oct 6, 2006
US
Sometimes we have temp/misc vendors in Macola. These are designated with a * by the vendor number. This is to be used only if we don't expect to write more than one or two checks to a vendor.If the vendor comes on board, we then assign a new permanent number. Can we transfer the history from the * number to the new number? Would it be easier to merge the two vendor numbers into one account? Does anyone have any ideas for me? We are currently using Progression 7.6.300c.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Cheryl

Alembic, a Macola reseller in Tempe, AZ, has a utility that does a merge. If memory servers it is about $1500.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Thanks for the information. However, I do not see the company paying for additional software for this. Is there any way we can pull the information or add it from one company to another? Is there another way possible without merging?

????Urgent???

We are using Progression 7.6.300c /Progression Workflow Explorer 76.300.0.3.

No way to do this that I would ever dream of trying. There are probably 50 tables where the vendor number exists and you would have to change data in every one of these tables.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back