Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I make drop-down flyout menus

Status
Not open for further replies.

elemental

Programmer
Mar 17, 2001
CA
Ok here's what I want. I've got a site and have a menu system of sorts. You know, you mouse over a link and you get a drop down menu. What I want to do is in addition to having the drop-down I want a flyout as well.
Lets say I've got a products button, you mouse over that and you get the different types of products. What I want is to then mouse over the types of products to get a list of the current products available. How can I build that in DW?
thanks
elemental

PS I know I can do it with layers but I'd rather not use them.
Thanks!

You can do this with Fireworks. It's not very hard. Fireworks comes with a tutorial that is step by step.

I wouldn't use Fireworks because uses coordinates for the menu system, and when you have different resolution looking at your page the menu appears different in one resolution then the other...
Use the site jimoblak suggetsed, they have alot of good menu systems that worrk cross-browsers... I have not failed; I have merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

I can do it with layers but I'd rather not use them

All drop down and flyout menu HAVE to use layers including the fireworks or dynamic drive ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back