Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I log Ms Access and JET connecitons??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grazer

Programmer
Sep 6, 2001
GB
Hi,

I look after a bunch of web sites on a win 2000 server. The majority of sites use an Ms Access db which they connect using both DSN and DSN-less connections.

The problem is, every so often, every site on the server connecting to their db get this error:

"[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too many client tasks., Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers"

I was just wondering if anybody new what this is about, and secondly, how i can log who and when they are connecting to their dbs.

thanks.

I so not have a specific answer for the issue. I can tell you that Ms.A. has a limit of 255 users / connnections to a db. I expect that this limit is imposed regardless of the connection mechanisim, so the design of an Access app needs to consider this issue. Not being a WEB designer / programmer, the details are not readily available to me (from the WEB perspective), but I would think that the number of users limit would be a serious deterent to the use of Ms. A. as a general purpose WEB site db. You CAN (sort of) get a rough measure of the Max number of users who have connected to an MDB app by inspecting the related .LDB file. For more on this, search the site for LDB and Users as well as other terrms

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

Searching for employment in all the wrong places

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back