Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I link MS-Project data to an Access front end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj141

Technical User
Feb 27, 2002
US
A colleague has created an ACCESS database to manage projects. I want to integrate it with MS-Project, which has many more features than ACCESS. There are user specific functions still useful in the *.mdb which need to be retained. I'm using Access 97 and Project 98. A bad mix. What I've tried is Project98 - Excel - Access97 and that works ok but it's mostly manual. Also, tired Project98 - Access2000. That works similarly with one fewer step. I want to simply link the Project database in to the Access front end and run real time.

You have to create the MS Project file first.

Then do a Save As into MS Access format. You will be able to open this file in MS Access and in MS Project.

I have just been through a large programming effort doing exactly this and the results have been fantansic.

You will be able to add extra tables to the database but also you will be able to pull up information such as Float into your Access Front End.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back