Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I link certain areas of page to URLs? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

barb123

Technical User
Feb 18, 2009
US
hi. Thank you for your help. I think this must be simple. I have a GIF I have placed in my Dreamweaver page. I now want to put links on different areas of the page. How do I highlight certain areas and then put the URL link info? (they actually are names of different websites on the GIF)

I wish I could just do this all in Illustrator and export to Dreamweaver would be so simple! anyway, thank you! happy weekend.

Thanks Darryn: That's it! and it is easy - I got it! Yay!

Darryn, I did all my maps and works great. Do you know what code I can put in now to make my image get smaller and larger when the browser window is made smaller or larger? So it shrinks or expands with the page?

you would have to make image dimensions a percentage, however that has the potential to look very bad plus your image map will get thrown off as it uses fixed x and y coordinates.

the only way that this could be done is using flash but thats another can of worms.

i guess you could use javascript but i do not know how.

either way what you are asking for 99% of the time turns out disastrous.

Darryn Cooke
| The New Orange County Graphic designer and Marketing and Advertising Consultant
| Marketing and Advertising blog

Thanks for all your help answering - kind of you. I hope you have a nice day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back