Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I install Cad2002 without updating my previous version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumble101

ISP
Dec 15, 2002
US
My old place is still using AutoCad2000. I want to add AutoCad 2002 into my computer as well. But when I installed it want to upgrade my acad2000 to acad2002. I don't want this, I want to be able to use both programs. Is there a way?

Many thanks in advance.

You should be able to install it... Is the 2002 an upgrade?
Try installing it on a different drive, if possible.

Jay~

My new Tae Kwon Do website is up and running!!

~KeyTech

Maybe uninstall ACAD 2K, then reinstall it after installing ACAD 2K2? We got the ACAD2K upgrade, but it was a full install...it installed flawlessly even though ACAD 2K had been uninstalled.

Flores

It's a full version. As for installing a different drive...hm, I was going to do that but I didn't because the program prompted that it was going to upgrade my 2000 to 2002 automatically. Secondly, if I recalled correctly, it disable which directory I want to manually install and so it chose my 2000 directory for me. I also went to the custom type installation as well.

Anyhow, I'm going to uninstall 2000 and used Flores suggestion since it worked on my friend laptop which I did earlier. I guess I was trying to find another solution or easy way without having to uninstall my 2000.

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back