Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I import an image from photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

justride

Programmer
Jan 9, 2004
US
Hi all,

I have an image from photoshop that is transparent which I want to use as a shape for motion tween, when I import to flash stage all I have is a white sqaure, how can I erase all the stuff I do not need, I just want my shape.

Thanks.

hey justride=
yeah i think .png is the way to go. but if you are using Photoshop CS, you should use the "export transparent image" feature found under the "Help" menu. whatever parts you can see through to the background (the grey and white checkers)in your PS file, will be transparent, if you export the .png this way - just follow the steps!

cheers,
-josh

There is another way - simply remove the background from the photoshop file itself - for example if the photoshop file has layers, Have the background (white - obviously with nothing on it) drag the background to the trash, which will leave the image on Photoshops's blank grid ^^save the file as a psd or photoshop file^^

Now simply import the file to Flash as a .psd file. Flash will ask if you want to import it using Quictime and viola! a transparent image... I have a Mac and I'm assuming that it should work the same on a PC.

Another thing - updating the file is a breeze

Thanks guys, I tried all techniques and they all apear to work however I am trying to mask the image I import and when I do and add a motion tween and run my clip my tween goes through the whole image even the trasparent part of the image I imported, I want to only have my tween pass through the masked image excluding the trasnparent area. here is my .fla file if soembody could assist.

thanks,
also I notice that the image is degraded once I execute the clip.
thanks.

I figured it all out, thanks much everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back