Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I have my custom template appear as a choice for a new drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

asya1

Programmer
Feb 22, 2002
US
In Visio 2000 and 2002 you just had to put a custom folder in the solutions folder and put your templates and stencils in there and they would show up as options for a new drawing. In Visio 2003 I notice the solutions folder is gone and all the .vst and .vss files are thrown together in the 1033 folder.

When you start visio or choose New Drawing it gives you several categories to choose from and from there several templates to base your new drawing on. How do I add my own custom category and templates to visio 2003?

Thanks,
Asya

You need create new folder (Foider1, for example) in 1033. And add file path to this folder in Tools>Options>Advanced. All sub-folder(Test1, Test2, for example) in Folder1 will be as Name of group of templates with all usual groups in list (Block diagram, Brainstorming, Building Plan, Test1, Test2).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back