Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I get MWI on phones to light up? (BCM using Netwkd. CallPilot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

switchdoctor

Vendor
Jun 12, 2005
US
I am an onsite tech for a customer who has a CallPilot node which is VOIP trunked via Succession CS100M to a remote BCM which is using the internal CallPilot to facilitate MWI from the network node. The MWI are not lighting up on the sets at the BCM site. I have rebooted the BCM remotely.

Any suggestions as to why the MWI's are not lighting?

Do your BCM have the MCDN feature enabled? This feature is required to light message lights at a remote site. MCDN is a keycoded feature.

Yes, the lights worked on this system until recently. I found the cause of this issue. What I found was that either because of a glitch or because someone changed the settings, the target line under the set config in the lines assigned field, the "vmsg" prompt had been switched to "N." This prompt determines if the line is associated with a voice mail service to enable MWI. If it is set to "N" you do not get message notification signaling to the set.

usually when remote lamps go away it seems to be the rcap value in the switch.. you may need to redownload the msdl card if rcap=mwi and lamps are still a problem

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back