Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I get DW3 to save my sites when I define them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcblair

MIS
Feb 17, 2000
US
It used to save them , but somehow they all disappeared. Now I have to define them again each time and when I leave it doesn't save the site definition.

I guess no-one has responded to this as they can not work out why you are having this problem.

Perhaps go through the defining sites aprt of the tutorial again?

I'm suffering this exact same problem but I know why it occured. When I went to upload the site, I moved all the stuff to be ftp'd into another folder. This seemed to upset Dreamweaver. Next time, I'll leave the files to be uploaded in the original folder and move the extra stuff out.

Quote?

"I moved all the stuff to be ftp'd into another folder"

When setting up your remote site(live) it make sense to mirror your local info that way finding a particular page or file is relativly simple. Also when FTPing you can just let DW do its stuff. Live long and make your kids suffer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back