Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I get Calculated Members????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Nov 16, 2001
CL
I don't speak Inglish sorry!!!

I have a ASP and I connect with a Olap Cube with ADOMD.
I get the dimensions, the measures, I can create calculated members but I don't know how to get the calculated members that are create in the server

Please help me!!!

Thanks

Karin.

Dear Karin!

Here is the sample code in VB (it is pseudo code , I
didn't ran it) but using DSO, I don't think you can do
that via ADOMD...
I am using OLAP 7

'---BEGINNING OF THE CODE
'You have got previously the cube into dsoCube variable of type DSO.MDStore
'You have name of the calculated member inside the sCalcMemName of type String

Dim dsoCalculatedMember As DSO.Command
Dim sCalculatedMemberStatement As String
Set dsoCalculatedMember = dsoCube.Commands(sCalcMemName)
sCalculatedMemberStatement = dsoCalculatedMember.Statement
'now you have the exatly the statement of the calculated member...

'---END OF THE CODE

Note:
1. I don't sure you can create calculated member using ADOMD,
if yes, how Did you do that???
may be you mean DSO???

2. I think but I am not sure, the way the OLAP is treating the calculated member is that it is not fisically stored in cube but it is created by the createMember command that you predefine for him as calculated member, so you cannot physically obtain this member but only its statement...

Please, notify me if my message helped you

Thanks
Issahar
Softwatch LTD
Israel

Hola Karin. Si no hablas ingles, espero que hables español. ¿De donde sos?.
Se pueden recuperar los miembros calculados con ADOMD. No tengo un ejemplo en este momento pero tal vez para mañana pueda conseguirtelo.

Yo no ho visto algun interface para hacerlo en ADOMD. Es muy interesante come se puede hacerly asi.

A mi juicio cada operacion que tiene influencia sobre la estructura de OLAP server database puede hacerla solamente usando DSO. Existe una excepcion de la regla - PivotTable servicio que es el cliente de OLAP donde es posible creer un cubo local y tener acceso a su estructura no via DSO.
Pero estoy seguro que estos tipos de cubos no tienen miembros calculados.

Entonces, es muy interesante paramigo tambien a saperlo como usted lo hizo via ADOMD.

muchas gracias y perdoname para mi pobre espanol (hace mucho tiempo no lo estoy usando.)

Issahar Gourfinkel
senior software engineer
Softwatch LTD
Israel

Hola efr, si hablo español, te cuento un poco mi problema.

Tengo una página en ASP y hago conexión al cubo a través de ADOMD, por lo investigado solo se pueden rescatar medidas, dimensiones y tambien crear miembros calculados con MDX (with member), pero necesitamos obtener los miembros calculados que existen en el servidor asociado al cubo, ya que si los creamos a traves de la página, estos quedarían fijos y si se agregase algún miembro calculado al servidor, no lo podriamos ver desde la página ya que tendrímos que crearlo desde ésta y esta no es la idea, ya que la idea es que sea dinámico.

Hola Karin e Issahar. Les quiero comentar que me confundi acera de consultar los miembros calculados con ADOMD. Lo que realmente estaba consultando eran las propiedades de los miembros en vez de los miembros calculados.
Lamento no haberles podido ayudar. De todas maneras, si en algo les puedo servir, escribanme a ernestofrau@hotmail.com

Ernesto F. Rau.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back