Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can i get authorware to check a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
How can i get authorware to check a text file to see if a user has completed a revision section before proceeding to a new level?

THere is a user login section which saves everything to a text file (used a knowledge object to construct that) and then when it gets to the revision section this section should check the text file to see if user has passed, started or failed this section indicated by their log in.
If they failed then they have to do this section before doing the main test if they have passed they have an option to read it again or continue to next section. If the learner has started but hasnt finished then they continue where they left off...

I am confused how the program would gather the information to send to the text file and then somehow later extract that information out of the text file when the program has to check stage completion

Please help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back