Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I get all the reports that use a specific query

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasperjasper

Programmer
Mar 23, 2004
US
I have to do a research job. I need to find all the forms and reports that use a specific query. I have Speed Ferret, however I am getting numerous errors from it...I cant get it to work... is there something else that will do that...
is there a systable of sorts that I can query....

Thanks

go to tools, analyze, and the document option. Then select all of your forms, queries and reports. It will make a report. It will be long with all of the definitions for each query for and report. It will also show anything that relates to it. Should give you needed information.

misscrf

Management is doing things right, leadership is doing the right things

Code:
SELECT DISTINCTROW MSysObjects.Name, MSysQueries.Name1
FROM MSysObjects LEFT JOIN MSysQueries ON MSysObjects.Id = MSysQueries.ObjectId
GROUP BY MSysObjects.Name, MSysQueries.Name1, MSysObjects.Type
HAVING ((Left$([Name],1)<>"~") AND (Not (MSysQueries.Name1) Is Null) AND ((MSysObjects.Type)=5))
ORDER BY MSysObjects.Name, MSysQueries.Name1;

Posted here recently. Sorry but I cannot quite rember by whom and (of course) it is not easy to save 'commentary' in queries (SQL).

MichaelRed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back