Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I force ArcServe to (re)ask for next media? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredje

Technical User
Oct 22, 2002
BE

Hi,

I have a little problem with my Arcserve 6.61 on NT4 SP6.
I do not allow service to interact with the desktop...wrong way...
My backups are in progress (The job is hanging on "Backup Files"), how can I force ArcServe to re-ask for next media or to continue his job?

Thx

Fredje

Hi,

If you dont set the services to interac with desktop you wont get any popup msgs...

However,
you can tweak the regsitry to handle this situation..

under SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\ARCserveIT\BaseTask\Common

NotifyTimeout
Set NotifyTimeout:REG_DWORD:0 to prevent scheduled jobs from automatically closing any notification messages. The default is 30 seconds.

ResponseTimeout
Set ResponseTimeout:REG_DWORD:0 to prevent scheduled jobs from automatically answering any messages that require a response. The default is 60 seconds.

PLEASE READ THE RELEASE NOTES.....

CHEERS
Speshalyst

I thank you FredHH.

I know i was mis with this setting but jobs were running...
Thank you gracefull for "registry tips" and I will allow "interact with desktop".

Fredje

Hi,

If you dont set the services to interac with desktop you wont get any popup msgs...

However,
you can tweak the regsitry to handle this situation..

under SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\ARCserveIT\BaseTask\Common

NotifyTimeout
Set NotifyTimeout:REG_DWORD:0 to prevent scheduled jobs from automatically closing any notification messages. The default is 30 seconds.

ResponseTimeout
Set ResponseTimeout:REG_DWORD:0 to prevent scheduled jobs from automatically answering any messages that require a response. The default is 60 seconds.

PLEASE READ THE RELEASE NOTES.....

CHEERS
Speshalyst So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back