Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I fix a " BAD_POOL_HEADER" error ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ylan

Technical User
Sep 25, 2002
CA
I got a " BAD_POOL_HEADER" error and the blue screen when I copied a group of files and folders into another new folder . The size of this group was about 30 MBs . I had to shut the system down and start up again and things seemed to be back to normal. I got this issue twice in the past 3 days and it always occured during "Cut" or "Copy" & "Paste" operations. What does " BAD_POOL_HEADER" mean ? How can I fix this perplexing problem ? Thanks,

(My system : WinXP Pro + SP2 ; Celeron 2400; 512 MB Ram ;)

Thanks for the tip. I read the ref. but got nothing usable in my case. I read on the Net and found a suggestion to fix the issue by turning off "MS indexing services" in the "Services" panel ( i.e. Start->Run ->MSconfig->Services ) . I just did this and waiting to see if the issue resolves. The problem is an intermittant one : I do not know when it strikes . Some Cut & Paste operations are O.K. . Suddendly, for some others ...Boom... the BSOD !! Please further advise.

I am glad to report the issue appeared solved : no more BSOD due to " BAD_POOL_HEADER" error in the past 3 days!

Turning off "MS indexing services" in the "Services" panel seemed to fix the problem in my case. Thanks eyec & linney for your tips and refs .

Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back