Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I find historical disk usage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LesleyGilchrist

Technical User
Jan 10, 2002
US
I'm trying to find a tool / command to generate historical disk usage information about my machine. Any ideas gratefully received! Thanks

Alternatively, just put a df -k command in cron and send the output to a log file at whatever interval you wish with a date stamp. Post further if you need further advice on this. Be aware that this log file will grow over time and might need archiving/pruning now and again because of this. HTH.

Thanks for this. I've implemented a scripted log now but I could do with the data from before the log started. Any idea if there's any way of finding the historical data? I can't find any logs or a command to do it.

Thanks
Lesley

I don't think it is stored on the system unless you implement a log of your own.

Have you by any chance had a full trial version of Measureware installed? If so you would see a process called scopeux running.....

Clare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back