Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I find failed login attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

balakumar86

Programmer
Aug 29, 2008
GB
Hi,

I wish to find out the failed login attempt. I don't have any idea if this data gets stored in the database. If the login is successful, an entry will be made in dauditnew. But, if it fails, what'll happen.

Also, I need to find out 2Invalid session blocked".

Can anyone help me please.

Bala

I have made changes in the admin index page "Set Auditing Interests" so that dauditnew will record these 2 events.

What will be the name of the event. i.e. What will be the value for auditstr if anyof these events happen

1. Failed Log-in attempt
2. Invalid Session blocked

Bala

make sure you create those events by doing the failures yourself.I hope you have re-started all of the livelink servers after your change to the ini files.Make a couple of failed log in attempts.

Now using a database tool run

select distinct(auditstr) from dauditnew

If livelink is doing those it will be in the resultset.(caution if dauditnew is big then the query will take a while)

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer and probably certfiable,Livelink ECM Champion 2008

An even simpler way to do this:

1. Enable failed login attempt auditing on the 'Set Auditing Interests' page.
2. Use the query audit log page to find failed login attempts (after enabling the above).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back