Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I edit information or clear range in Micros Res 3700?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random92

Programmer
Feb 17, 2017
US
Hi,

I'm a moderate level programmer. For my business we have been using Micros 3700 for a few years. When creating reports, I can only go back a certain time, however, the reports show the full financial totals from beginning to end. How can this figure be changed to display totals for a given range? Can I chop off a range of dates from the database and have all numbers making sense?

also along with clearing a certain range of previous time data in the database, can I change values in the database? How complicated is the database? Thank you so much

Thanks!

However, clearing a range doesn't affect the Grand total figure in reports. For our business, previous data from before the range we have cleared as far as sales data is from another owner. So from our range onwards, I would like to have the grand total only reflect that range.

How can we change the Grand total figure? Modify it in database?? Thanks

In Reporting, you will find a section called Historical Totals. This is where you set how much data to maintain. Because this is a locally running SQL server on a system with limited resources, Micros is configured to purge data based on these settings. Typically, full transaction information is only stored for two weeks, and the top level summary information you can see is stored for 365 days or more. You can adjust this, but keep in mind that your database will start inflating (and slowing down) pretty quickly. I would suggest that instead you start a process to offload the data somewhere else if you can manage, that way you don't potentially impact the system running the restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back