Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Can I Do This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnSaunders

Technical User
Jun 10, 2002
US
I have a form that is a calculator where the visitor can enter different prices and quantities with about 15 different fields. It used to just allow determine the values when the visitor clicked on the Calculate button. The math is done using an external .js file and would just enter the results on the page. The calculate button was just an input type="button" instead of input type="form", which allowed it to configure the amount without leaving the page.

I need to change it so when the visitor submits the calculator, it e-mails the values/results and also displays the results on the page for them to see.

The problem I am having is the form button had to be changed to input type="submit" so the e-mail could be sent. I have it set to redirect to the same .asp page with the calculator but the values disappear.

How can I make it so the form either e-mails the contents using the ASPFormMail script and and displays the values without leaving the page.

-Or-

How can I get it to e-mail the results, leave the page, then reload it again with the values they entered so they can see the results?

I'm not really familiar with ASP but if someone can point me in the right direction I'm sure I could figure it out. I've been trying to figure this out for a few hours and I don't see how I can send the e-mail and post the results to the page at the same time and I don't know ASP well enough to code it to load in a new page.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

John Saunders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back