Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I do an outer join if I'm just a BO user?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmono

Technical User
Sep 22, 2011
US
I'm a Business Objects 2.6.1 user, and I'm trying to do something that's a piece of cake in SQL, or Access, but apparently I can't because I'm not a designer, I'm a user.

I'm trying to do an outer join. I only see the option to do a Union, Intersect, or Subtract(?).

It was suggested that I use the Inlist operator, but I don't think that will work.

= If <ID(Query 1 with MYUNIVERSE)> InList(<ID(Query 2 with MYUNIVERSE)>) Then "Consolidated" Else "Not consolidated"

Is there a work around that works? Or am I stuck with nagging the developer for this and that when I already know VB.NET and SQL and would rather just export the data into Access than deal with that process.

PS - Any suggestions on books on Business Objects for a power user that is not for a developer would help too.

I really appreciate any help on this.

Union,Intersect and Subtract are set operators that do not involve changing existing joins from the model. The universe model dictates the join strategy (for good reasons most of the time) , so perhaps you could consult with the developer?

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back