Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Can I Display Company Name on Outgoing Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlhtech

Technical User
Oct 31, 2003
CA
I have an Opt 61C Rel 25.4 and two PRI links to the Telco C.O. Our main directory number is now displayed but we would like to add the Company Name for all outgoing calls.
I can see how the CLID works for the numerical info but where can I add the Company name?

This is usually done by the carrier. In most areas of the U.S. you can have the carrier send out the CPND associated with a particular DN (DID) for an extra fee.

Try calling your cell phone (or another device with Caller ID), and see if the company name shows up with the CLID you are sending.

your company name is entered in the ss7 table, maintained by your provider... there is a single ss7 table for all nanp numbers.. (usa canada and most of south america) i've know one customer large enough to request and get access to that database..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back