Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I display a download link in my (C#) ASP.NET web form to downl

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelChang

Programmer
Dec 20, 2004
US
How can I display a download link in my (C#) ASP.NET web form to download a file stored in my sql db?

Hi everyone,
I'm new to Visual Studio .NET and I've created a form that displays a record from a SQL database on the web. I can get everything to load fine except for a file stored in an "image" (datatype) field.
What I want is the page to display either a picture or a link that the user can click to download the file.

My first question is: What object from the Toolbar should I place onto my form in order to display a link or image to the downloadable file?

Then: What do I need to put in my "Page_Load" event that will assign the contents of the "image" (datatype) field to the Toolbar control previously inserted?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

tks/mc

--------------------------------

I'm affraid the above questions do not apply to this problem. What you could do is create a new ASP page that actually streams the requested field with the right META Type to the client.
You can than use this page as you would a normal picture on the filesystem.

And then silence smacks right in there...
... And it is loud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back