Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Can I Disable Specific Proofing Option in Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandenjamin

Programmer
Oct 18, 2005
US
I'm approaching this from a backwards angle, but basically I need to get a grayed out option in Word 2007 to no longer be grayed out.

The option is under the Proofing section of Word Options and is "Hide spelling errors in this document only". There are a couple others that are also checked that I don't want to have checked.

I haven't been able to find any permissions anywhere to change these to being enabled, or even a specific registry key.

Thanks,

--Dan
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

If you check "Check spelling as you type" under "When correcting spelling and grammar in Word" then you will have the option to "Hide spelling errors in this document only".

Basically, if you're not checking spelling as you type then you can't hide spelling errors in the document because those errors aren't showing in the first place.

The same applies for "Mark grammar errors as you type" and "Hide grammar errors in the document only".

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back