Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I detect flash using ASP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cawthor2

Programmer
May 2, 2002
US
Is there a way I can detect if the users browser has flash installed using asp / javascript without redirecting? Basically, I want to load my home page with a flash banner (if flash installed) or a gif in it's place if flash is not present. Can this be done on one page? Or do I have to create a page that checks, then redirects to 1 of 2 homepages (a flash and non-flash version)?

You have to do the redirect becuase you are obtaining client information from the browser. The only way to avoid the redirect is to use client side scripting make the determination of which page to load (and load it) after you have sent it to the client, which would require that you sent both, and then just called one. The money's gone, the brain is shot.....but the liquor we still got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back