Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I create direct URL access to a folder /file in a web?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msd

Programmer
Jul 24, 2000
US
Hello
I am making a web site that I would like it to be possible to do the following example
1. be psble to go directly to and open the initial page of community.org---this is no problem.

2. and be able to go directly to Ballet by typing ---with nothing after it-- that is in the web as a ballet folder with an index file so it is Problem exists that I can't get the entry ballet page to come up. hope this isn't confusing,

3. Do I have to register each part so it can be found? that doesn't sound right. I will have a lot of these--should they all be just files w/ supporting material in a ballet folder with a ballet file separate to be found by entering
All this is in fp 2000

hope you can help.

I am getting ready to launch soon. thanks
msd

On the web (IIS) server, you'll have to go in and add the name of your subweb home page to Internet Service Manager (or Management Console). Right click on the folder - in this case Ballet, choose PROPERTIES, then the DOCUMENTS tab, and add the name of the Ballet home page. (It sounds like the name here is index.htm.) Default.htm should already be in there. That should do the trick! [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back