Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I create a new Outlook Profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsingh9741

Technical User
Jul 12, 2001
I have a windows 98 Machine with Outlook 2000. I went in control panel and double clicked the mail icon and all it has in there is to add a account or remove account. I want to add a profile. The main reason for doing this is so users can't log into my system and see my emails when I am away from my desk.

Thanks

Outlook creates a new profile for every login profile.

Or do you want different Outlook accounts under your login profile? *Remember.......
If you don't use your head,
your going to have to use your feet

Adding a new profile requires Outlook 2000 to be configured for Corporate/Workgroup mail. Assuming you'll be getting mail from a corporate mail server (as opposed to another internet email account), do the following:

Open Outlook.
From the Tools menu, select Options.
Click on the Mail Services tab.
Click on the "Reconfigure E-mail Support" button at the bottom of the window.
Outlook will warn you that the change you are about to make will be in effect for all configurations. Click OK. Outlook will close automatically.
Right click on the desktop icon for Outlook 2000. A menu will appear. Select Properties....
Click on the "Show Profiles" button.
Click Add....
The rest is up to you to fill in the blanks (mail server, mailbox name, etc.)

You can create a personal folder and change delivery to that location. Then password protect your personal folder and it will prompt for a password everytime you access your email. To add personal folders go to 'Mail' in the Control Panel, Add, Personal Folders, select the location and a password. Then click the Delivery Tab once personal folders has been added, select delivery to that location. -Brad
A+, MCSE NT4, MCDBA SQL7

-Best cartoon of all time :-D 'Spongebob Squarepants' [cook]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back