Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I create a font ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kieferin

Programmer
Nov 9, 2003
GB
I have a letter D written in a very odd style ,and want to make a whole alphabet up using the same style Can you tell me how I can do this ? (The letter D is jut printed on a piece of paper but I do have a digital camera but no scanner) I am using PaintShopPro 7. Thanx

well... first of all, make a tile 5x7. make your letter, then save it. make your second letter, and save it, so on and so on.

load your font as you would load tiles. now, make a sub called kfont. have these parameters.

kfont (x, y, text$)

from there, substitute the ordinary letters for your letters. respond if you want more details.

heres a sub I use from time to time, it uses a 6x8 font

DIM SHARED font%(128,6)
SUB cprint (text$, x%, y%, x2%, y2%, c%)
IF y2% > y% + 15 THEN y2% = y% + 15
FOR ll% = 1 TO LEN(text$)
l% = ASC(MID$(text$, ll%, 1))
FOR a% = x% TO x% + 6
IF a% = x2% THEN EXIT SUB
LINE (a%, y%)-(a%, y2%), c%, , font%(l%, a% - x%)
NEXT
x% = x% + 7
NEXT
END SUB

It uses 6 LINEs to create letters (take a look at the FAQ entitled 'how can I create a custon dotted line). text$ is the text to be printed, x% and y% are the starting coordinates, x2% and y2% are limits to stop printing at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back