Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can i count an active cell row?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geokakis

Technical User
Jan 26, 2003
DE
Hi guys,

What code should i use to count the excel row and to make the cursor jump automatically to the next empty row?

can you help? examples with detail code will be very helpfull.

Geo

Hiya,

I've got 2 examples: one uses the UsedRange of the worksheet (problem with Usedrange can be that if your sheet starts with one or more empty rows/columns these are not taken into account, giving you the wrong results). The other uses the GotoSpecialCells option (press F5 and click on Special .., then choose last Call in workbook). That one will ALWAYS give you the correct address for the last used cell in your sheet

Here goes:
Code:
Sub UseSpecialCells()
    Dim l_sLastCellAddress As String
    Dim l_lNextEmptyRow As Long

l_sLastCellAddress = Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Address
    l_lNextEmptyRow = Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row + 1
    MsgBox "Last cell in sheet: " & l_sLastCellAddress & ". First empty row: " & l_lNextEmptyRow

End Sub

Sub UseUsedRange()
    Dim l_wksTest As Worksheet
    Dim l_sLastCellAddress As String
    Dim l_lNextEmptyRow As Long

Set l_wksTest = ThisWorkbook.Sheets(1)
    l_sLastCellAddress = l_wksTest.Cells(l_wksTest.UsedRange.Rows.Count, l_wksTest.UsedRange.Columns.Count).Address
    l_lNextEmptyRow = l_wksTest.UsedRange.Rows.Count + 1
    MsgBox "Last cell in sheet: " & l_sLastCellAddress & ". First empty row: " & l_lNextEmptyRow
    Set l_wksTest = Nothing

End Sub

HTH

Cheers
Nikki

Lots,..........., and lots of thanks Nikki !!!

Geo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back