Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I correct and update MFC42.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRex

Technical User
Oct 29, 2000
US
I recently installed an LS-120 floppy drive on my NT 4.0 machine. Now an error message appears after login which reads POPROXY.EXE - Ordinal not found. Ordinal 6662 could not be located in DLL MFC42.DLL. I first tried deleting the error by reloading SP4 with no luck. I downloaded an updated version of MFC42.DLL but cannot replace the original file since file is in use. Can anyone tell me what process uses this DLL so I can disable the process and update the DLL? Any other tip that will allow me to remove the error will be appreciated as well.

Hi, TRex,

I checked under TechNet and the information they had for MFC42.DLL was associated with the application Picture It. It also went on to say the software provided with the Kodak DC-120 camera replaces the Mfc42.dll file with a version of the file that does not work with Picture It. Don't know if this will help you or not.

Jane

Create a boot disk containing the MFC42.dll file.
Boot from disk and then copy file into c:\winnt\system32
System should now boot OK.

Thanks Ramhead & Sedgehog for your input. Found the name of the original file could be changed to MFC42a.dll then copied the new file to the folder. After rebooting to ensure the process worked I removed the MFC42a.dll. Error msg is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back