Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I convert an exe Flash file to MPG 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan137

Programmer
Jul 25, 2002
AU
I have produced a Flash sequence and published the file as a self-running exe file.

However I want to transfer it to digital video. I have been told that i need to screen capture the file in MPG format. Is this correct and if so what software do I need?

Is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks

Alan

You could export the movie from Flash as an .avi or .mov file and then use a video editing or compression tool to convert that video into .mpg - something like Premiere, After Effects or Final Cut could handle that.

It might be worth asking if you could supply the movie in another format than .mpg (I usually output this kind of stuff as .mov and the clients are fine with it) which would save you having to do a conversion.

When I export to AVI or .mov I get an error message "The installed version of Quicktime does not have a handler for this type of Macromedia Flash Movie."

I have Flash MX. Is this version able to export movies to these other formates?

Many thanks

Alan

Have you tried downloading the latest version of the Quicktime player/plugin? It's free :)

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back