Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I config Palm, Outlook and Exchange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

droceano

IS-IT--Management
Apr 30, 2003
ZA
I have installed Exchange 5.5 in a Windows 2000 Server connected to a NT Domain.

I have shared Public Folders, and now other working stations with Outlook 97 and 2000 can use them.

The problem starts with the user of a laptop, becouse he needs to share his Calendar and Contacts with his secretary. So I have created 2 Public Folders, one for the Calendar and the other one for his Contacts. Now both can make use of both Folders at the same time and share all the information.

My problem is that he uses a laptop so he neds to make use of those Public Folders while he is travelling. At the same time he needs to Syncronice thi info with his Palm V.

I think I have well done the first problem. I gave for both Folder the "Favorite" Status so now it can Sync every time he closes the Outlook and make use of them while he is travelling.

I have checked different webs to solve the second problem with the Palm, and the only solution I think I have found is to buy the PocketMirror Pro for Syncronazing Public Folders, becouse the Standard version doesn't do it. If he is out of office for a long time, sure he will want to Sync his Outlook with his Palm, and I don't know how to do it between A Favorite Folder and the Palm.

Can anyone help me to find a solution for this? It's really very important to me to olve this problem!!

Thank you for reading all those lines!!

Jordi

I used Desktop To Go to solve this problem. It lets you sync both your Outlook personal data _and_ one other public folder in each conduit, ie., personal calendar and Public folder calendar, personal contacts and public folder contacts list, etc.

Try Intellisync. It is about $30-40. This will allow you to choose Public Folders for synchronization. Hope this helps and good luck...let me know....

I have never heared about Destop To Go program. Where can I download it? Is it free? If it's possible I prefer to don't pay for more programs, ... not if it's not necessary!

29rosemont, can you talke me more about the program.

myssi3, thanks for the info, I will check the Intellisync program to know more about it.

Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back