Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how can I clone a W2k Pro HD to another bootable HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayhawk

Technical User
Aug 10, 2000
US
Drivecopy 2.0 does not work. Ghost 2000 does not work.<br>Is there a way to do it within W2k Pro itself such as was possible with the xcopy command and the right switches?<br>I am willing to do a multi step process.<br>Thanks, James Kitching<br>(Former computer tech)

Why doesn't Ghost work or is it that you do not want to use it?<br><br> <p>Doug<br><a href=mailto:dxd_2000@yahoo.com>dxd_2000@yahoo.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

just fyi:<br><br>Ghost 2000 (symantec's personal edition for home users) is not designed to work on win 2k. something about the new ntfs5 i believe. you need at least ghost 6.0 standard (corporate edition) in order for it to work on win 2k. <p>Kyosa<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>"The key to flexibility is indecision!"<br>
- unknown<br>
<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back