Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I change mutiple UPSs syslog settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 18, 2004
US
I have about 40 APC UPSs that I have to change the syslog settings on and I am trying to script a telnet program to change them all but I have had no luck. I have used netcat for windows before for a homebrew script to use on cisco routers, but netcat doesn't seem to like the emulation on the APC units.
Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Which APC cards are you using and what firwmare versions are they running? If you have any of the newer cards and firmware revisions then you can use the ini file to set your parameters and ftp the file (with just the changes you need to the cards).

To do this -

FTP to the card, and copy the config.ini file, the only part you are interested in is the [NetworkSYSLOG] section (shown below), enter the new syslog server details into the file and upload just the changed section. You can do this with a basic ftp script to go through each card and upload the new details.

[NetworkSYSLOG]
Syslog=enabled
Facility=User
Server1=0.0.0.0
Server2=0.0.0.0
Server3=0.0.0.0
Server4=0.0.0.0
Port1=514
Port2=514
Port3=514
Port4=514
SyslogMapSevere=Critical