Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can i automate an upload a to a FTP server with ::FTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaybOt

Programmer
Apr 18, 2001
GB
Hi all,

I think i can do this with the perl::FTP mod. But i don't know how to use this mod, can anyone provide an example of how to logon to a ftp server, change dir, upload a file, and exit.

JayBot "Always know what you say, but don't always say what you know!"

Hi,
I have a similar problem. I want to upload a file to my server. I have the userid/pwd. I want to automate the process. Something like, i will click on a batch file which should ask me for a password. When i supply a valid password it should upload the file. The file name and the source directory are assumed to be non changing and fixed and known.Is such a thing possible???
I achieved until this:I created a batch file. In that only i have hardcoded username and pwd.

ftpBatch.bat
=============
cd c:
ftp -s:%0
goto done
open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx(IP add)
user
pwd
cd DESTINATION_DIR
mput file1.txt
y
bye
:done
========================
Instead of hardcoding i want it to be atleast a command line parameter which can be run using:
C:\> ftpBatch.bat pwd

Any inputs will be highly appriciated....

Thanks and Regards,
Srinath Thanks and Warm Regards,
Srinath M.K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back