Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can i assign fixed cost to resource rather than Hourly rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahmanjan

Programmer
Apr 13, 2003
AU
hi all,

I need to assign some human resource to some tasks but the cost of the resource is not based on ourly rate rather than in Fixed basis.

how can i achive that?

regards

Hi yanjam,

In order to enter a fixed cost, you need to change the Units under resource information to 0%. After which, choose Insert and columns and enter the cost fields.

I am not sure if this works for enterprise.
Can you try out and feedback to me.

Good luck

If the fixed cost is each time you use the resource, it costs say, $200, then on the resource sheet there is a Cost/Use column.

If the fixed cost is related to the task, but not associated with a particular resource - then, while displaying the Gantt Chart, view the Cost table. There is a Fixed Cost column in that table.

Lone84 - I don't quite understand your advice. Setting units to 0% on the Resource Information will make that resource unavailable during the specified time period on the Resource Information page. This will cause the resource to show up as overallocated.

Hi,

Ya after hearing your explanation i think yours make sense
:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back