Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how can I animate smoke & explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaticFilms

Technical User
Jul 17, 2003
US
Im trying to create some special fx for a small film im making and im trying to find out how I can animate smoke & explosions with Bryce. The problem is creating smoke and fire that fades out over time. Ive searched everywhere for some kind of tutorial with no luck. Can anyone help?

Thanks...

Hey saturn233,
Thanks for the tip. The problem is budget. I cant purchase new software on the shoestring budget for this small film, and the demo wont give correct results. (i.e. watermark on the image, 640x480 resolution, and limited to the demo emitter library which cant be edited according to the site.) I have been trying to create the effect in 3ds, and I know its more than capable but I really dont know the software very well and im getting poor results. Thank you for your reply though...if you can tell me anything else that might help please let me know.

Static

I'm not that experianced in Bryce myself, but I think that if you go into the Materials editor, you can increase the transperancy while decreacing everyting else to create a fading effect... Sorry if it doesn't work, I'm not that experianced.

=====================
Harlan Lieberman-Berg
Systems Administrator
Assistant Chief of Finance
"The simplest answer is usually the correct one." -Occam's Razor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back