Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I allow user change something in CR after report was formed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gennady

Programmer
Nov 13, 2000
CA
I need allow users to change something in text field after report was created from VB program. In another words my users wants editing reports.
Can I solve this problem with Crystal Report?
If so, how can I do it?

If you use a formula that contains literal text in quotes (i.e. "This is the default statement" )instead of a text object, you can easily capture their input in VB and pass the literal text to the formula in CR. Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal

Dear Ken Hamady
Thank you for answer.
But formulas isn't exactly what I want.
I have almost ready report and user can see it on his screen. But he want edit some numbers or literals and after that send report to printer. Could he do it with CR?
May be some additional dll exist or we need some addititonal license...

Is he running from the design environment? That is the only way he could change the text (and he can't change anything else).

He can export the results to word or excell, edit it and print it, but that is as close as he will come. Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back