Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I add new properties to contols in my projects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cndn

Programmer
Nov 22, 2001
CA
Can anyone tell me how I can add new properties to controls in my projects?

I have read up a bit on how you add properties to your custom active X controls but i don't understand a lot of the stuff, for example what's with all this Get and Let?

I would really like to know if there is a way to stear clear of all that active X module stuff as I don't understand, and thus fear, it. :)

If the only way I can add a few extra little properties (similar to the tag property) to my controls is with all that active X, module, and other stuff that comes up when you create a new VB project and it asks you what kind, then could someone please breifly explain how to do this keeping in mind i have never creating anything but the standard VB project.

I know it's a lot but I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks

One method that helped me learn how to do that was to download an activeX project from and go through it, tear it apart, add to it, etc., etc..

If you take the time to learn it, it won't seem so overwhelming.

Thanks and Good Luck!

zemp

You can also try RIGHT CLICKING on the object in the object browser, a menu will appear, then click on SHOW HIDDEN MEMBERS.

PS. Select VIEW, then OBJECT BROWSER.

Perhaps the ones you are looking for already exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back