Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I add an image to the Header of the Report? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

spattewar

Technical User
Oct 19, 2001
US
Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I want to add an image to my report header. How should I go about doing it?

Also, all my reports want the same image, font style and font color on them. So can I create a template or something which can be used for all the reports.

Thanks again.

$wapnil

I would probably add a table to the header, though its not necessary. Then goto the toolbox tab of the insertable objects tab and drag the image to the header. Then double click on the image to pick an image. Depending on what you are tryin to do, you may also need to goto Structure and unlock the Page Objects

Ok. Let me try this and will let you know.

But do I require to publish the images to some place or can I select the images from any folder?

Thanks again.

$wapnil

I believe that is set by the person who installed cognos, not sure

Hi,

The default image folder is Program Files\Cognos\c8\webcontent\images so make sure your image files are copied to here.

Also, since you are using Cognos 8, you can re-use your header from the first report in other reports too.

The trick is to select the block (or table) in your page header, and in properties, specify a value for the name. Save the report, then in subsequent reports, delete the contents of the page header, drag in a layout component reference from the toolbox, and point off at the named block (or table) in your original report.

Best regards,

MF.

This is nice. Thanks MF for you valuable inputs!

Let me give this a try now and will let you know how it goes.

$wapnil

you can also create a new template with this as you said. Search the pdfs in the documentation for template. i th ink it should be there in the report studio guide. can't remember exactly how its done, but i have done it before. so when you launch report studio, you see "blank", "list", "crosstab", "chart" etc. your new template can be added to this list of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back