Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I access the video drivers to obtain screenshots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djjd47130

Programmer
Nov 1, 2010
US
I've been working with remote desktop which consists of taking screenshots - but I know there must be a way to access the video drivers to get the screenshot. It should be faster, and it should have some sort of event when parts of the screen change - I don't want to send any part of the screen that hasn't changed. I've built quite a system already doing exactly that, but no matter what I do it's too slow. I'm looking for some lower-level code to obtain images from the video drivers. Any help would be great, thanks.

JD Solutions

like I explained you in another thread, all highend remote desktop solutions use a custom video driver (aka mirror driver) to obtain screen output. The mirror driver must be built in C (XPDM or WDDM). Here is a commercial one :

/Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back