Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can a hard return & new line be added to a tabbed page's name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accesser

Technical User
Jun 3, 2002
US
Hi there!
Is this possible?

Can a hard return and new line be added to the textual label describing the page name of a tabbed subform?

I'm aware chr(13) and chr(10), but how can such things be applied inside the page's name label?

Thanks much,

Eric

I'm away from my reference materials and it's been a long nite, but I think what you want is:

"Page Name Lable" & Chr(13) & Chr(10)

Hope this helps. "It's got to be the going,
not the getting there that's good!"
-Harry Chapin

Thanks for replying.

The Chr(13) & Chr(10) code works for regular labels, but it doesn't appear that it works in the actual tabbed page label, which is where I'd like 2 lines of text.

Any other ideas?

Interesting question. Sorry I don't know the answer but I hope you don't mind if I go along for the ride. I use tab controls a lot and would love to know how to save space by putting the caption on two lines.

[tt]
& vbCrLf & will not work on the tab names. I don't think you can put a label or a picture or any other object on them. I think this is Microsoft's way of trying to maintain a uniformity in the appearance of the tab control (an activex object?) on every program that runs on Windows.

You can, of course, specify the tab fixed width in the control's property sheet.

There are commercial tab controls available...I've never tried any of them.

I think I read a thread some time ago, in which someone suggested simulating tabs with the use of command buttons (you can put a label on top of them), making separate forms visible and invisible when the buttons were clicked. Seems like it ought to work, but is a lot of trouble.

Good luck, [glasses][tt] Gus Brunston - Access2000[/tt] Intermediate skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back