Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How big an fame size can you import?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeThorne

Technical User
Mar 17, 2008
US
Hi

I have been trying to import some AVI files into Premiere Elements 3.

As long as the width of the frame doesn't exceed 1000 pixels I don't have a problem.

If I exceed that to say 1680 by 1050 wide screen format the file imports but it appears blank.

You can drag it to the time line and play it whatever but there is no image.

Anyone know why?

Mike

I've imported larger frames into Premiere (high definition is 1920 x 1080), but Premiere Elements is some sort of subset of the program, yes?

I checked the documentation for PE* and it says "You can add still images with frame sizes up to 4096 x 4096 pixels."

So...

Have you updated your version of PE?
What type of image are you importing, exactly?

* Bookmark this:

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

Hi

The files that I am trying to import are normal .avi video files at 30fps.

They all open and run in Windows Media Player, and I can open them in Windows Movie Maker but when I import them into Premiere Elements they appear black. I don't get any error messages or anything and they import in what seems to be a normal way.

But if the maximum width exceeds 1000 pixels they just appear to be blank.

The same files created at a lower resolution (up to 1000 pixels wide) open and appear normally.

Mike

What are the properties of your clip?

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back