Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How bad is Version 7.3, Any serious issues??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwb1077a

Programmer
Jan 22, 2003
US
Hello,

I have heard some bad reviews about Version 7.3 tools, particularly Impromptu and Transformer. Has anyone had any serious problems upgrading to 7.3. Does the product seem stable?

Thank You

its 2 weeks now since i upgraded to 7.3, no serious problems with transformer i experienced, i would be surprised if someone comesup with.
regards,
sudhi

That sounds good as we are going to convert shortly and I had heard there may be a couple of minor issues. Thanks for the information

I'm using Viz 7.3 and ppes 7.3 now. There are some improvement included, and no problem encountered.

We just rolled out version 7.3 of Impromptu and ran into a fairly major issue for us.
Fit to page no longer works correctly. Reports will be cut off.
This is a known bug, but Cognos says there is no solution yet

Just found another bug in Impromptu 7.3 - this one's a doozy and I've been most of the day trying to convince tech support that it is a problem and not a rights issue.
If you are using user classes that don't have any governer rights - as in they can run a report that someone else has created and nothing else, you cannot save that report to any external source - when you click save as, you are turfed from the program.
If anyone has a fix for this, I'd love to hear it.

Looks like the Cognos elves have been busy in the run up to Christmas; MR1 versions of 7.3 are available as downloads from the website.

From the fix list of Imp MR1, I note that numbe 453877 relates to a "fit to page" problem, so that may solve hewdittd's first problem.

'fraid I was too busy shopping to notice until today [wink]; apologies if this is old news to some of you.

soi la, soi carré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back