Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Avaya guy know my tie link is down? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

id97073347

Technical User
Feb 13, 2006
AU
I got a call from Avaya and they say they going to reboot my pbx server from another site.

My question is how do they know this? and if they do, how can i get this alert aswell, the same as them.

Thank you

The system can send either OSSI alarm traps via the modem (Inads line) or SNMP traps to Avaya in Denver.

A number of software suites are available to allow you to get the same information.

Integrated Management 3.0 by Avaya
Irisgen
Alarmtrax

You can also do some limited polling with ASA.

We use AlarmTraq to monitor hundreds of sites and send alarm notification via email to our support techs and customers. Goto:
It's much better than Avaya's "Expert Systems" and doesn't cost a dime after the initial purchase of the software. We not only use it for our own customers, we also sell the service to other Business Partners at a low monthly cost.

Alarm generation is "pro-active" either through OSSI (INADS) modem, or SNMP traps (S8X00 or IP Office). Either way there is no "polling" involved like is used by ASA or some of the other solutions.

It's got a lot of features available such as auto-reporting and a cool web interface ( that we really like.

Anyway, we have used alarmtraq for a long time and we are very pleased with the product.

We have used AlarmTraq for 3 years, it's the best solution out there. We have saved tens of thousands each month with it.

best solution out there" is pretty subjective. All of the above options are quite robust. Some of them offer features not available in others.

I have used two of the three named above including Alarmtraks and actually preferred AIM to it. If cost point is your most important item then I agree with what your saying.

However if you are qualifying "best" as most available and pre-set tools out of the box so to speak AIM is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back